Sunday, April 19, 2009

Laptop, Studio, School

I know I posted last night about the five things I would LOVE to have for all of my photography stuff - whether it be somewhere to store photos, store my camera and accessories, or just adding accessories. But this morning, I woke up and thought to myself:
Stephanie, you should get your own laptop just for photography purposes. That could be where you put all of your software, save articles you would find helpful, do your schoolwork, etc. Then Mark wouldn't have to sit around and see all of your stuff on the laptop we have now.
I think it'd be really smart to get my own laptop, and still get that 1 TB external hard drive I want.

I don't know what kind of laptop I would get though. I don't need something that's crazy-expensive, but I don't want some cheap-o either. I'm just going to have to do some research, talk about it with Mark, and go from there. I just know that having my own laptop for photography purposes would be worth it and an incredibly smart thing to have.

Something else I've been thinking about for a couple of weeks now is getting equipment for studio photography. I don't think I'll be getting much, if anything, for studio photography any time soon, but it would be really nice to have that kind of stuff. I'd like to even set up my own little studio wherever we live, right in our house in a spare bedroom, basement, or garage [depending on what we'd have that'd be able to hold all of the stuff]. I know it's not always legal to do that when renting, but I would really like to have an in-home studio with the lights, backgrounds, etc. How cool would that be?! People would come over, I'd give them a little tour of the house and be like, "Welcome to our house. Here's [this] room, [this] room, and here's my kick ass in-home studio." HA. I've already looked into getting studio equipment at B&H Photo Video's website. Trust me, I'm always looking at stuff on B&H Photo Video!! That place is amazing!! And I can't wait to start school because then I'll get a 10% DISCOUNT!! Heck yes!

I can't wait to start school!! It's going to be amazing!! I hate that I have to take "regular" classes, but I'm going to take those classes before I take the year's photography classes. I just want to get the "regular" classes out of the way and then focus on my major. Ugh, The Art Institute of Pittsburgh...I can't wait!! Even if I'm just taking online courses, I can't wait!! I am seriously looking forward to the things I am going to learn and how I am going to grow as a photographer. I'm not going to lie, I think I am a pretty decent photographer. I keep practicing and learning new things on my own, and I think that with taking classes [especially classes from AiP - only one of the best, if not the best, photography schools], I feel like I can become great!! I doubt that I'll ever be one of the famous, well-known photographers out there, but I feel that I'll be great at what I do. But if I do become a great photographer and graduate from AiP, those two things will help me get through the door somewhere, if I ever really want to go work for someone else. The Art Institute is a great school for anything that deals with the arts. Only time will tell what's in store for me, though...and I'm hoping something amazing is awaiting!!

No comments: