Sunday, March 15, 2009

WELCOME!!

Welcome to my photography blog!! I am just an "amateur" at photography, but I do have a great passion for it. For as long as I can remember, I have been highly intrigued by just about all forms of art, especially the arts that closely relate to the fashion world. I am a licensed cosmetologist, so the art of hair, nails, and make up intrigue me the most. I do not shy away from what most of the world finds "crazy" in hair, nails, and make up; I embrace it. I love fashion, every little bit of it. I don't always dress very fashionable; but if you know me, you know that I can definitely dress the part what the time calls for it. I can sew pretty well, and I hope to one day create some of my own things to wear. I love art, like the art classes you take in high school. I have drawing pencils, drawing pads, and a bunch of other necessary utensils for drawing. Imagining something and putting it on paper, fabric, etc. feels amazing. I miss working with clay and "throwing" on the wheel. Sculpting and creating things with clay just always felt right to me. I hope to one day get into some ceramic classes so I can work with clay again, and just be "free" while I create my own works of art.

My favorite type of photography isn't getting people to pose this way or that way, but just catching people in their natural environment. Taking pictures this way tends to create better memories, at least to me it does. I also love taking pictures of life: plants, flowers, animals, etc. I love black and whites photos, but I also love bright, vivid colors in photos.

I hope that my love for photography will continue to grow. And I hope that I will use this blog often to post some of my favorite photos that I have taken. Maybe once in a while, I will even post some of my favorite pieces of art that someone else has created. But mostly, I hope that you enjoy this blog and my photos!!

No comments: