Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sony a900

Not too long ago, I got a new camera. It's a Sony a300. Nothing too, too fancy, but it is a nice camera - especially for a starter. It's got 10.2 megapixels, 12 different modes to shoot in [including AUTO], a lot of nice features, and I got two lenses when I got it. The camera came with a 3.5-5.6/18-70 lens, which is your standard. But I also got a 4.5-5.6/75-300 lens since I got the "bundle package" at Best Buy.

The camera [a300] is really nice and I am always using it. I take at least 75 pictures every day! I will take pictures of anything and everything. I don't care how many pictures of one tree I already have, I'll take another picture of that tree. I don't care how boring it can be for some people to constantly see pictures of my kids playing outside, I am going to take lots of pictures of them. I just love taking pictures!! And that, my friends, is why I am going to take photography courses and/or join the photography society back home - once I get there, of course!! I'd like to "step up my game" when it comes to photography and get super serious about it. Why not?! It'd be nice to add something else to the list of things I can do - and be good at.

It's also nice that I want to take the photographer route because in Mark's family, there are three photographers. One of his uncle's is a photographer, one of his cousins is a photographer, and his cousin's wife is a photographer. So I have other people there that could kind of help me out and we could talk about photography.

But back to my camera. In the last week or two, I have gotten 4 lens filters for my camera. I have a Diffusion filter, Neutral Density filter, Ultraviolet filter, and Circular Polarizer filter. My favorite lens filter to use is the CP filter. I love it!! It's like sunglasses for the camera! HA. It really is though. I want to go to the beach one day and test it out there. Ii just love using the lens filters now, that it makes it difficult sometimes to not have one on my camera.

Now, onto the Sony a900. Since I have a Sony DSLR camera, I am constantly going to Sony's website to check out the things I can get for my camera. Yesterday, I decided to just look at the other cameras Sony has in the Alpha series. Let me tell you, I am in LOVE with the a900!!!! I want it so bad - even if it is $2,999.99!! HA. But Mark and I made a deal. When he reenlists later this year, I can get the a900. If I get very serious about photography [like I intend to] and do photo shoots and people buy pictures from me, I can get a SECOND a900!!!! But he said my parents don't count - they can't buy pictures from me for the deal to work. HA. [Another part of the deal is that I will only get one cosmetic surgery procedure done. I'm the one who came up with that part, which was the first part of the deal that got things "rolling" with the rest of the deal.] But that's awesome!! TWO a900 cameras!! OH YEAH!! And it's cool because the lenses I have for my a300 are compatible with the a900. Also, Mark and I have been looking into lenses for my camera because I'd like to have a nice variety/range of lenses. I kind of want to get into sports photography [because I LOVE sports], so I'd need a nice, big telephoto zoom lens. Of course, I won't get the biggest one Sony sells - that's $5,999.99 alone!! HA.

Well, here's a picture of the Sony a900. If you click on the picture, it'll take you to the page on Sony's website that's about the a900. It's AMAZING!!
Sony Alpha 900 camera
Who wouldn't want to upgrade to this camera?!

No comments: