Monday, March 30, 2009

The Art Institute

Between last night and this [early] evening, I think I was close to punching someone straight in the throat. I was SO MAD because of our realtor trying to screw us over, but a good man changed my mood by just talking for a little over two hours.

So, about that phone. The guy called me about 5 minutes after Mark walked in the door when he got home from work. He told me his name and that he's from THE ART INSTITUTE OF PITTSBURGH!!!!! Umm, HELLO!! I was PUMPED!! So we talked for a little over two hours, going over everything [ie. classes, money/financial aid/grants, etc.], and I started to fill out my application for the school's online courses!!!! OMG!! I am SO PUMPED about it!! Mark was happy for me when he found out who I was talking to and what about!! [I have to give Mark credit because he's the one that gave me that final little shove to get my butt in gear and just look at places with photography programs.] On Wednesday, I am going to finish my application and pay the application fee. But seriously, the guy I talked to was telling me that I sounded like I was definitely passionate about photography and have a great drive and determination, and that the school would love to have someone like me be a part of their school. I know, a lot of places say things like that, but if you could ever hear me talk about how much I love photography [and arts, in general], you would truly understand that I love it all and not for dumb, typical reasons. I am HOPING to start taking classes in July!!!! That's my goal for right now. It just stinks because it is EXPENSIVE to go to/through The Art Institute!!!! So if I stick with AiP till I am completely done, it'll take me quite some time finish. I am just so happy about this right now!! I love all things art, I love being able to express myself in an artistic manner, I love every little thing about it all!!!! I just hope that this all works out and that I can take the online courses!! This is something I am so driven to do!!

I have been looking through the Course Catalog online because the guy told me to "favorite" the page, and some of the courses seem really cool. Like, there are darkroom courses, business/marketing courses to help you market yourself and create a business, photo history [I love history of the arts], and some other cool courses. There are some courses that I can tell that I will just fly through, especially because of the cosmetology education/background I have. I also like that you have to do an internship somewhere. It'd be really nice getting to work with photographers that've been doing that stuff for years, and learn from them.

That's all I really have for now. I am going to continue looking at the Course Catalog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats girl. it's exciting to hear you are pursuing your dreams of photography!!!