Friday, April 3, 2009

Question: Do you shoot in RAW?

So I've been wondering, for those of you that read my blog, do you shoot in JPEG, Fine, Standard, or RAW?! I ask this because I have been reading it's best to shoot in RAW, and then I read that at AiP you have to shoot in RAW.

Now, I have never used RAW before. The main reason [and probably the only reason] is because of how much memory space it uses. I am very stubborn and whatnot, and I like to get the most for the memory I have. I like being able to get over 1,000 pictures with my 4GB card, versus only getting 180-190 if I shot using RAW. To me, not getting 200 pictures on a 4GB card is ridiculous!! I mean, yeah I transfer pictures over to a flash drive, and then onto a disc at the end of the month, but I just hate not being able to get a lot of photos on my freakin' card!!

I know the benefits of shooting in RAW, versus the other formats available, but I think it comes down to me being stubborn and wanting "more bang for the buck". HA.

I think I'll give RAW a chance tomorrow at the Family Day shindig for the MEU. Maybe I'll fall in love with it and look passed the fact that it uses up so much memory space.

So what do you shoot in - JPEG, Standard, Fine, or RAW?!

No comments: