Thursday, April 16, 2009

School Update & More

I got a call from my advisor dude at AiP last night, and things are going well. Actually, he said things are looking really great for me!! YAY! All of the stuff that needed to be done on my end is complete!! WOOHOO! Next is just the financial aid stuff has to be taken care of on the school's end. I don't know how long that'll take them, but I do have a while before it needs to be done since I'm suppose to start on July 13th. I just can't believe that I'm wanting to go back to school, especially as much as I do - let alone actually trying to make it happen!! HA. I swore up and down I'd never go back to school for anything, especially if I had to take "core classes". Guess I was way wrong!! HA. But it does feel really good to actually be able to go to school for something that means a lot to me and something that I really want to push myself and succeed in.

So yesterday was pay day. I woke up early, got ready, got the boys ready, and we were out the door by about 6:45 to go grocery shopping. Since we're leaving Monday morning, I only needed to by things for 5 days. I know I shouldn't have done this, but I did anyway...I went to the makeup aisles and bought some makeup. And only one of those things is something that I'll use every time I put makeup on. HA. The other things I bought were 3 Cover Girl eyeshadows [that are brand new colors from CG], 6 Maybelline eyeshadows [most of which are brand new colors], and Maybelline's new Lash Stiletto mascara. The CG eyeshadows I got are INSANE!!! They are bright, metallic colors and I just love them!! I actually really want to go get some more!! Some of the Maybelline eyeshadows I got are pretty awesome, too - while 1-2 are just okay!! I have yet to use the Lash Stiletto mascara. I seriously didn't even need to buy the mascara. I already had 6-7 tubes of mascara before buying the new one yesterday. [And all but two of the mascaras I had before were ones I've bought within the last month or two. I love mascara and have to have different mascaras for different looks.] But the makeup I bought yesterday is to maybe test out and use for when I go home and maybe test the waters and do the extreme beauty shots on people. I know my sister is willing to let me try any kind of hair and make up stuff on her whenever I'm in the creative mood. She's such a good sport!! HA. I'm thinking about buying some fake eyelashes, too, for whenever I do extreme beauty shots. Fake eyelashes are amazing...it just sucks that I can't put them on myself!! If I could put them on myself, I'd be rockin' them almost every time I walked out of the house!!

I've decided that next time we move back down here, I'm not going to paint walls because we hopefully won't be here for long. We'll either go to Columbus, Ohio, because Mark got accepted into MECEP and Ohio State, or we'll be stationed elsewhere. So instead of painting walls, I'm just going to probably get a bunch of new picture frames and hang up some of my photographs on the walls. I don't want plain, boring walls, and photos will definitely "spruce things up a bit". I've already gone through some of my photos and picked out the ones that have to be hanging up on the walls. I'm not going to lie, I am very proud of a lot of the photos I've taken, especially recently, and I think that they should be on display wherever I may live. Plus, I think photos are more personal than just any type of decor. Don't get me wrong, I do love those little things you can find places, but photos are more personal and when I see lots of photos in someone's house, I feel like they are letting me be more into their life than someone who only has a few photos up. Do you know what I mean? But I just want people to be able to walk into my home and look at my photos, and feel like I'm welcoming them into my own little world. And you just never know, maybe someone will really love a photo I have up and be moved by it, even if it's just a little bit of that feeling. I know that I am often moved by photos. Some photos just have that ability to touch ones soul instantly, and those are my favorites.

No comments: