Monday, April 27, 2009

Understanding My Camera

Over the last week or so, I have been learning a lot more about my camera. I've read the book that came with my camera at least 20-25 times [no joke], but reading can only get you so far. Lately, I've been using different modes on my camera that I wasn't comfortable using before. I made myself use those modes and nothing else for a short, yet decent, amount of time. Now, I am very comfortable shooting in A [Aperture Priority] and M [Manual]. So I can add those two modes to the list of modes I am comfortable using. [Next mode I need to work on/get comfortable using is P [Portrait]. Sounds pretty easy, but I'd like to just get the chance to use it more often.] I'm very happy now that I know how to use those modes, and what to use them for. Honestly, I find it very exciting to be able to know how to use multiple shooting modes on my camera and know what mode is best for different situations.

I think it's so funny to think back a month or two ago, and think about how little I knew about my camera. I know so much about it now, and I love learning more!! [Good thing I want to go to school for photography, huh? HA.] I know I have a lot more to learn, but that's a good great thing!! I hate when I've learned so much about something that it gets boring and I have to move on to the next thing. [And I can get bored with things pretty easily, too.]

Well, it's a beautiful day here and Mark's outside with the boys - so I am going to join them and, of course, take lots and lots of photos of them playing around. And I can't wait till tonight because Mark and I are going to the Indians vs. Red Sox game!! YAY! I don't know when I'll get more photos up though because our laptop is messed up with viruses and spyware, so it all needs to be wiped out before we can use it again. [Thank God we're visiting family in Ohio and can use my parents' computer/Internet. But it's so slow that I don't even want to attempt uploading photos.]

Enjoy your day, people!!

No comments: