Friday, July 17, 2009

School

This past Monday, July 13th, was my 22nd birthday and my first day of school!! It was such an awesome day!! Getting a phone call from my husband in the morning got my day off to a great start, but then the day just went "sour". That really sucked!! But then at night, I was told "happy birthday" from my favorite athlete!! I started to cry!! It was so wonderful!! How many people get to say that they were told "happy birthday" by their favorite athlete?! Not many, I'm sure!!

Anyway, school has been okay. I'm wrapping up week one here, and I know that it's going to take a little bit of getting used to for me. I haven't been in school in a long time, and I've never taken any online classes before. Plus, with two kids running around, it can be a bit difficult and stressful at times. So there's a lot of adjusting that needs to be done. I know I will be fine though. I just need to get next week over with, and I will probably be fine then. If not after next week, maybe I'll be fine after the third week.

I got to order my new photo editing software the other day through the school!! I was so excited to see the e-mail in my inbox saying that I can now order the software and that there was a special code for me to use so I got the right thing!! I don't know when I will get the software, but I should be finding out within the next few days. I hope it gets here soon because I am dying to edit my photos from last week when I was in Indy!! I hate that I have so many, yet people have only seen a very small portion of them!!

I can't wait till I start taking classes that really focus in on photography!! I can't wait to learn new things about photography, and then put those things to use!! It's going to be so amazing!! I absolutely LOVE photography - everything about it!! I hope that I do get to become that sports photographer I can only currently dream of becoming!! I feel that I already have quite a bit "under my belt" with sports photography since I have been going to sports events to test and work on my sports photography skills. A lot of people in my class already think that I've achieved quite a bit, but to me, it's not nearly close to what I want to achieve!! To me, I just do what I love!! If I have to pay nearly $1,000 for tickets and a hotel for one week, I will do it - and I did last week!! I don't care!! If that's what it takes to get me started and work on my skills, then that's what it takes!! You have to start somewhere!! I'm going to do what it takes to be a sports photographer!! Of course, I would absolutely love to see my name under a photograph [or under a bunch of photographs] in sports magazines one day, but if that doesn't happen, that's okay. Just as long as I am at a sports event, being paid to do what I love to do, then I'll be incredibly happy!! It's going to happen for me one day - I know it will!!

Do you remember how my one camera lens got all messed up and I had to take it to Best Buy to get it fixed?! Well, it's fixed and waiting for me at Best Buy!! YAY!! I can't wait to go get it tomorrow!! Also, I will probably buy a new camera bag - a back pack!! My MIL gave me the money to go get it for my birthday, but I just haven't gone to Best Buy yet to get it. I can't wait!! I want to get one that's big enough to fit a laptop in it, the camera body, the three camera lenses I already have, the large lens I will be getting by year's end, and all of my accessories [lens filters, batteries, lens hoods, etc.].

Life seems to just be working out very well for me lately!!

No comments: