Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away...

...but let me take some photos first!

Today was yet another rainy day here in Jacksonville. I'm not a fan of rain in general, but I do love how rain is something so beautiful and, if you catch that right moment, you can have an amazing photograph of rain. So instead of being a lazy bum today while it rained, I decided that while the boys were napping, I'd step outside on the front porch and back patio and take some photos. I took 210 photos when I finally decided that I was done photographing the rain. Not all of those photos have been saved though. I had about 10-20 "duds" in there - but I am okay with those "duds". You continue to grow and learn from those mistakes you've made, right?! And with photographing rain, I really did learn more than I thought I would have.

I used the two lenses I have throughout the time I was photographing, just switching back and forth between the two when I felt it was time to switch it up. I shot in S mode [Shutter Speed Priority]. Out of all of the modes on my camera, I am most comfortable shooting in S. I know it's not completely different than some other modes on a camera, but I like knowing that the shutter speed is the priority, and I can adjust to whatever I feel is necessary since I have to little boys who are constantly moving around. [Plus, I feel it's necessary for me to be comfortable shooting in S because sports photography is what I'd love to mainly focus on.]

So I was outside, photographing while it rained. I'm sure some people in the neighborhood thought I was weird for being outside in a hoodie [with the hood up], gym shorts, and Adidas sandals while it rained, and just snapping a lot of photos. HA. Oh well. I got some okay shots, good shots, and a few that I think are pretty bitchin'!! HA. It was fun photographing while it rained. I got to mess around with my shutter speed and see what's good, what's bad, and what's amazing. I love trying different things with my camera, and photographing the rain really allowed to me test some new things. And after photographing rain, I'd like to photograph other types of climates/weather. I hate snow, but I think it'd be pretty interesting to photograph a snowstorm. Maybe I'll get the opportunity to while I'm in Ohio since I'll be there during November...and it usually snows in November up there.

Anyway, here are some of the many photos I took today while it rained here in Jacksonville. Enjoy!!

[Click on images to enlarge.]
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain

No comments: