Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ring Lights.

I WANT ONE!!


The other night while watching America's Next Top Model on Oxygen, there was this photo shoot that the top four girls were doing while in Japan, and the photographer was using a ring light on his camera. I never really paid much attention to the photographers on ANTM [as well as Make Me a Supermodel] until a few months ago. I've seen ring lights in stores and online, but never knew how it was used - until the other night. Ever since I saw the photographer using a ring light, I have really wanted to just go out and buy one!!

I don't know though if I want one because it simply looks badass on a camera or because I think I could put it to a lot of use for macrophotography [which is the main purpose for a ring light]. I'm kind of leaning a little bit toward the fact that it looks badass. HA. Either way, though, I'd really like to have a ring light!!

Sony has a ring light that's compatible with my camera, but I don't know if I want to get that one. I want one that's a bit more "powerful" than Sony's, to be honest with you. I want one with some umph behind it because I don't think I'd really use one for macrophotography, but rather use it for photographing in darker areas/rooms with a little bit of light when the use of a regular flash unit is a bit much.

Maybe I'll get a ring light at some point in time, maybe I won't. But I do know that I'd really like to have one!!

No comments: