Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm done for the quarter.

The quarter doesn't end till late September [the quarters are split into two sessions], but I am done for the quarter. There were some problems with what the school had scheduled for me, money, and other stuff, so I just decided that I would take the second session of the quarter off so that I can focus on closing things up here before we move at the end of September. I wasn't upset when all of this came up about two weeks ago. Honestly, I was quite relieved because this is going to be a huge move for us. We're leaving NC and moving to FL. I know I've packed things up here in NC before and went back to OH, but that was only for 5-6 months and I put almost everything of ours in storage down here. This move consists of us packing everything and moving to a different state - a state where we will be living for 2-3 years. Also, we're moving everything ourselves. We aren't having a moving company or TMO do anything for us. So with the kids and having to take care of absolutely everything here by the end of September, I'm glad that I don't have to add any another distraction [school] to the mix. I love school, but moving is more important right now.

The two classes that ended today have gone really well the last five and a half weeks! I took Composition and Language and Fundamentals of the Internet. As of all of the assignments that have been graded thus far, I have an A in each class!! I simply owned the Composition and Language class. The Fundamentals class took me about a week to get into because it was all about HTML and CSS. The only HTML I knew before the class was what I remembered from my MySpace days when everyone would leave comments with bold-faced lettering, underline words, create hearts and other symbols, etc. Basically, I only knew the simple, childish stuff. HA! But I learned a lot in the Fundamentals class and even created my own Web site from scratch!!!! It's still a work-in-progress [I will continue to work on it even though the course is over], but I am very proud of myself for creating a Web site from scratch!

No comments: